Rookie Awards 2022 | Career Opportunities
beloFX are looking for four lucky winner to (virtually) mentor 4 x Winners selected under the Banners of Realtime, FX, Asset Build and Compositing.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
South Korea | SF Film School
After watching Iron Man in high school, I interested in VFX . It was fascinating for me to believe that cartoon characters exist somewhere in the real world through computer graphics. While learning VFX, when I created what I imagined using a 3D program,I felt proud that I couldn't express in words and this experience gave me confidence in my job as a VFX designer.
South Korea | SF Film School
From my childhood, I've always craved to realize my imagination in the real world, but sketchbook was limited to me. However, when I turned 18, I discovered VFX industry through YouTube and MCU movies. At that moment, I found myself VFX is the most approachable way to fulfill my dream with nowadays advanced technology. So I decided to pursue my dream as a VFX artist.
France | New3dge
I've always had an interest for visual arts and photography. It came to me very naturally the wish to work for this industry and to give my best to produce the best images i can.
United Kingdom | Solent University
The pandemic has certainly been an interesting time for all; however one of the positives that have come from it for me was a renewed love for CGI & VFX. During the Pandemic I decide to actively pursue my passion of working in CGI. Recently completing a BA (Hons) CGI/ Film Visual Effects/ Digital Arts Top up at Southampton Solent University.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
*beloFX was Founded in 2021, beloFX is a next-generation visual effects and technology company. We operate globally with outstanding teams based in Canada and the UK.
This is an era of dramatic change in moving image technology and process.
Our founding team, who have extensive experience in high-end visual effects, intend the company to be at the forefront of this transformation.
At the heart of our ambition are collaborative tools that unify and optimize creative excellence, operational efficiency and client service.
The liberating power of this technology enables creative organizations such as ours to work in fundamentally new ways, and develop exciting ideas for the future.
We are dedicated to putting diversity, inclusion and equality at the forefront of our culture. We believe in creating an environment where different ideas and perspectives are championed and where each individual feels empowered to contribute.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Share examples of your work that showcase your Visual Effects skills with the specific Disciplines of respectively – Realtime, Asset, FX and Compositing. (please specify which discipline on entry).
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Must be able to complete the mentorship during the second half of 2021
- Must be able to have mentorship calls during working hours of GMT, EST, PST
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview.
- 4 x Winners - selected under the Banners of Realtime, FX, Asset Build and Compositing.
- Each winner receives 4 - 6 Hours of mentoring from a beloFX Employee.
- This could be in the form of Portfolio Preparation, Employer Experience, Project Feedback or Winners Choice.
- Video Conference meetings during working hours of GMT, EST, PST
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > beloFX’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.