Rookie Awards 2022 | Career Opportunities
Outpost VFX are looking for one lucky winner to (virtually) mentor from the VFX category.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
South Korea | SF Film School
After watching Iron Man in high school, I interested in VFX . It was fascinating for me to believe that cartoon characters exist somewhere in the real world through computer graphics. While learning VFX, when I created what I imagined using a 3D program,I felt proud that I couldn't express in words and this experience gave me confidence in my job as a VFX designer.
France | New3dge
When I was a kid, I was fascinated by CGI at cinema because It was real for me sometimes. I thought cinema and video game are the most realistic way to give life to your imagination, and when I finished college in 2013, I Studied 3 years at Fine Arts ESAL in france , one year of practical effects at METAMORPHOSES school in Strasbourg, and I integrate NEW3DGE in 2017 to achieve my knowledge of special effects and how to do them.
United States | Think Tank Training Centre
I caught the bug while growing up watching Steven Spielberg movies.
Spain | Animum Advanced Creativity School
I realized it when I was twelve years old, and from then on I tried the different parts of animation until I found the field I wanted to dedicate myself to
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
Outpost creates stunning visual effects for film and high-end TV. Headquartered in Bournemouth, UK, and with offices in Montréal, London and Los Angeles, Outpost VFX exists to bring vivid creative ideas to life by harnessing artistry, technology and innovation. Best known for creating striking environments, seamless digital makeup and photoreal creatures, it delivers all kinds of visual effects for all kinds of productions globally.
Since 2013 Outpost has passionately embraced new technologies and new techniques that have empowered us to work with global content creators like Netflix, Amazon, Universal, HBO and Apple on visually arresting productions. Recent marquee projects have included News of the World, The Alienist: Angel of Darkness and Watchmen.
Devoted to expressing ideas and encouraging change, Outpost has developed a culture that is pioneering in its approach, based on five core values that guide everything the studio does: People, Innovation, Support, Creativity and Balance.
The winner will receive feedback from experienced artists on their work, developing their knowledge of the VFX pipeline and will be evolving their skill set on some of the most exciting film projects in production.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Share examples of your work that showcase your Visual Effects skills.
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Must be able to complete the mentorship during the second half of 2022
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
- 1 hour a week mentoring for 4 weeks.
- Video Conference meetings
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > Outpost VFX’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.