Rookie Awards 2022 | Game of the Year
Console & PC
Looking for the very best games for PC & Console. The games can be created by both teams and individuals. Trailers and unfinished projects allowed, but finished games preferred.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
Umiko is a graduation project made by seven students from New3Dge that was done during our last year. It’s a complete game (not a demo) with its own unique universe inspired by Genshin and Studio Ghibli’s movies.
Embody the demi-goddess Imë and purify the temple where the Lysfangha is kept, a magical artifact that protects the world.
Using your temporal powers, duplicate yourself by going back in time. Cooperate with a growing horde of your past clones to repel the invasion!
The people of the lunar planet have disappeared! Embody Astreia, a being of light from the solar planet, and try to find them. By opening portals between these two worlds, explore the abandoned living city, but be aware, it will not let you pass so easily...
Shutter is our graduation project at ArtFX 2022. Explore and solve puzzles with a camera that modifies objects using perspective. All in a space-age inspired setting.
Souls on their perilous journey to the afterlife are left defenseless against the hungry darkness without the protective guidance of the Shepherds. Locate your flock, protect them from wolves, and guide them safely back home with your array of abilities and powers. Made in UE4
BLUTGELD is a Third Year Games Art project produced by students at the University of Hertfordshire.
It is a Third-Person Action-Adventure game set in the fictitious city of Nevo Castera.
By Bruno Pires, Daniel Ravenhall, Joseph Davis, Aslan Clarke, Sam Huggett & Marlon Gouveia
We are happy to show you our graduation project called THE FAULT. This project was made in New3dge school from September 2020 to June 2021 with a team of six artists: Elisa Bernon, Fabien Burger, Steven Deutsch, Alessia Malatesta, Livia Pilant and Maël Villa.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
The focus for this category is high-end games designed to be played on Console & PC. The judges are looking for completed games here. This is not a category for people to share parts of a game they contributed to. If you have not completed your game yet, please make sure to share a teaser trailer to pitch your work to the judges.
- You must submit a completed game or teaser trailer. Single assets and clips will not be considered.
- Please include supporting material with your finished game. The judges need to better understand the process, the challenges and how your game was created.
- Team entries are allowed. Make sure that only one team member submits the project and tag any additional team members as project collaborators.
- Games must not have been released prior to June 2021.
- Successful entries in previous years have included video footage of people playing the games. Other ideas have included screencasts where the team walk you through the platform.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished work.
The judges are looking for artists or teams that have created a game that is not only creatively and technically sound, but is also fun and immersive to play. They are looking for artists or teams with a passion for game design and development. The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Game of the Year > Console & PC’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.