Rookie Awards 2022 | Rookie of the Year
Looking for artists creating content specifically for use with virtual reality headsets. The judges are wanting to see completed games, apps, immersive experiences and all the elements involved in pushing this technology to the next level.
The judges are looking for the best young artists passionate about immersive media. You will need to show experience with creating content for VR, AR, MR and everything else in between. The judges are looking to find the best technical and creative artists creating content specifically for use with headsets. This includes games, apps, and all immersive experiences in between.
- The judges are looking for the artists that can demonstrate the best skills in immersive media. This could be a modeller, it could be a developer. The key is to show an understanding of what it takes to create immersive content and fully utilise the technology.
- Some of the best previous entries have included videos of people playing their games and using their assets. It’s a great way to show how entertaining you have made your experience.
- This category is a good mix of creativity and technical ability. Our judges will be considering both equally and looking for that artist that is truly pushing the boundaries in this field.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- This category is for artists that specialise in using CAD software.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for employment. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview and share your best work to impress the judges.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Rookie of the Year > Immersive Media’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.