Rookie Awards 2019 | Game of the Year
Team and individual games that have been designed to use the latest immersive media headsets and systems. Completed projects preferred, but game play examples and trailers accepted.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following caetgory winners.
In a world of darkness where light is powered by sound dive into a VR discovery metaphor that explores communication barriers via light and interactions with a surreal ecosystem.
See credits to see my role in it. The build can be arranged upon request.
The Order of Quadrivium - VR Escape Room
Benjamin H. Fox is dead, and the lock he designed just trapped you inside his workshop. Explore mysterious, Victorian observatory and search for last pieces of a puzzle hidden in the environment. Accomplish his work and go on a journey that he could not make himself.
"MindPalace" is a realtime VR Experience for Oculus and Vive.
ICHOR - VR Melee Wave Shooter
Ichor is a VR Game with an asymetric multiplayer co-op feature where you have to defend an objective from human's attacks.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sort after Excellence Awards and Draft Selection badges.
The primary focus for this category is games designed to be played with headsets - VR, AR, MR. The judges are looking for completed games here. This is not a category for people to share parts of a game they contributed to. If you have not completed your game yet, please make sure to share a teaser trailer to pitch your work to the judges.
- The judges will be reviewing complete games or trailers, not assets or other elements that will be used in a film that hasn’t been released yet.
- Make sure to share your details about how you created the game. The challenges you overcame, what your goals were and any other information that will help the judges better understand your project.
- Successful entries in previous years have included video footage of people playing the games. Other ideas have included screencasts where the team walk you through the platform.
- Teaser trailers must include gameplay, not cut scenes.
- If you have a link to your finished game that can be downloaded, please share it as part of your entry page using the Add Text field.
- Make sure to include supporting material such as concept art, assets and breakdowns to really showcase your game.