Rookie Awards 2021 | Career Opportunities
For over 25 years, Epic Games has been making award-winning games and engine technology. 5 entrants will win a telephone interview with the talent team looking for hire applicants.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
5 x Winners of this category will win a telephone interview with the Epic Games internship team. They are looking to fill internship placements Fall 2021. This is an incredible opportunity to launch your career in these areas Tech Art, VFX, Lighting, 3D Generalist, Environment Art, Animation and Stylized Concept Art. There is no guarantee of an internship or full time employment, however there are placements on offer so anything is possible with the right portfolio and passion.
- Must be motivated to work on AAA games.
- Must be able to complete the internship.
- Must be an active student or recent graduate within 6 months.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Share examples of your work that showcase any of these areas Tech Art, VFX, Lighting, 3D Generalist, Environment Art, Animation and Stylized Concept Art skills. If there is some UE4 work, even better, but not a requirement.
- Share details about your process by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Share your passion for games and the skills you could bring to a company.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
- 5 x phone interviews with recruitment team to apply Internship spot.
- No guarantee of internship.
*Epic Games Interns learn alongside our strongest leads and mentors, contributing to actual deliverables in a production environment, with a high expectation to succeed. We offer interns a competitive package that includes pay, relocation assistance and housing benefits. Our studios offer additional perks like catered meals, memorable events, and lots of Epic swag. *
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > Epic Games’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.