Rookie Awards 2021 | Career Opportunities
Weta Digital is looking for an Intern to join the modelling team for one month of experience.
Weta Digital This amazing opportunity is open to aspiring artists who want to be a part of Weta Digital’s Modelling Department. The aim is to help kick start their career, working amongst renowned artists and gaining valuable insight into working life within the VFX industry as a member of the Models department.
The winner will receive feedback from experienced artists on their work, developing their knowledge of the VFX pipeline and will be evolving their skill set on some of the most exciting film projects in production.
Requirements & Deliveries
- You must create a single-entry page that includes all your best 3D Modelling projects.
- Include strong examples of props, hard surface, environments, and character work in your entry alongside any reference used.
- You can include examples of 3D concept art, but the primary finished assets should be ready for production.
- We would be keen to see breakdowns of the final model’s topology and UV’s
- You must be a Modelling Artist.
- Your work must be primarily 3D based.
- Must be motivated to work in the Modelling Department on blockbuster feature films.
- Must be able to complete the internship during the second half of 2021.
- Must legally be allowed to work in New Zealand. (Working visa not provided).
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for the challenges of production. The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview. You have one page to show how amazing your skills are.
From the Modelling Dept - We are looking for artists with strong technical and creative modelling skills, who can use real world references to create an interesting model that considers functionality and range of motion. You’ll demonstrate skills in hard surface modelling, environment modelling, grooming, wardrobe and Character modelling. We’re keen to see work produced using Maya, Z-Brush, Marvelous designer / Clo, Blender, Houdini, X-Gen and/or Mudbox.
- Studio Location: Wellington, New Zealand.
- 4-week duration.
- No accommodation provided.
- Fully paid position.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Career Opportunities > Weta Digital’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.
Need some help? Watch this video demonstration to help make sure you create the best entry possible.