Rookie Awards 2021 | Rookie of the Year
Motion graphics are a way to communicate with the viewer, and add depth to a story. Together with music and effective copy, they can give us a message. We use them to create ads, title sequences for movies, videos and to share information.
The judges are looking for the best young artists passionate about motion graphics. You will need to show experience with creating motion graphics or motion design for film, television, music videos, promotional videos and similar visual media. The judges are looking to find the best technical and creative artists that can show a solid understanding of everything from type, colour, animation, story telling and design.
- A great tip is to make sure you include the original brief you challenged yourself with. The way you approach and solve the brief is just as important as the finished video.
- Motion design is a fairly hazy term that overlaps with animation, graphic design and filmmaking. If you want to work as a motion designer, share your work in this category.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for employment. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview and share your best work to impress the judges.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Rookie of the Year > Motion Design’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.