Rookie Awards 2021 | Rookie of the Year
Open to artists who specialise in Architectural Visualisation. This is content created to help visualise building interiors and exteriors, landscaping, town planning and sustainability.
On behalf of the sponsors and judges, The Rookies would like to congratulate the following category winners.
Sweden | The Game Assembly
Since my early teens. I have always been very creative and fascinated by the power of art. As a hobby I begin taking a lot of photography and filming using my camera. It was first when I discovered the world and power of CGI. I soon figured out that it is constantly developing and there is always something new to discover. I knew right away this was something for me.
Spain | School-ing
Hi, i'm an architect and during my degreee i started to fall in love with the word of the architectural visualization and being more comfortable using photoshop and trying to showcase my projects using images before anything else.
Spain | SCHOOL-ING
I've studied graphic design but I have always been interested in architecture and ArchViz so I decided to learn by myself a 3D software. This is how I found Adan Martin's youtube channel and School-ing.
Spain | 24 Studio Lab
When I started studying architecture I realized that I was very interested in all those tangent disciplines. I was very interested in graphic design, photography, art, advertising, etc. When I design an architectural project I have the need to visualize it through modeling. For me, modeling is a necessary tool in the process of creating a space.
Spain | SCHOOL-ING
After graduating in BA Architecture I landed my first job as an architectural assistant. Soon after I started I realised that the professional architectural environment lacked the artistic aspect I was so passionate about. I decided to pursue a career in Architectural visualisation because it was the perfect combination that allowed me to merge my interest in architecture and my passion for the arts. Two years down the line I am convinced it's one of the best decisions I have ever made.
Sweden | Yrgo
From an early age, 3D and computer graphics have been a captivating and intriguing factor in my life. From a humble beginning in designing 3d-levels for an old Star Wars game, my journey has progressively been involved in various conceptual and design works. Moving from upper secondary school to architecture school, the decision to do a deep dive into architectural visualization became a natural step in the creative process of shaping a professional career in visualizing the unbuilt.
Spain | School-ing
For the past four years my professional profile has been very technical. Now I would like to shift my work towards something more artistic, expertising in modelling and rendering techniques.
The following winners made a lasting impression on the judging panel and secured highly sought after badges.
Architectural visualisation is the term used when a visual is created to portray a pre-existing building, public space or interior space. Judges are looking for artists specialising in this industry and want to see final rendering of houses, shopping centres, office blocks, hospitals, public spaces and interiors of building. Entrants will typically have studied Architecture, Interior Design, Environment Design and Town Planning.
- Photorealistic Renders are a key focus of this category. Share how you created your final renderings and the design problems you solved.
- Interior Renders are a major part of the architectural visualisation industry and our judges are excited to see how interesting and realistic your projects are.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including sketches and initial research that contributed to your final work.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for employment. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview and share your best work to impress the judges.
How to Enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Rookie of the Year > Architectural Visualisation’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.