Rookie of the Year | Game Development
This category is for digital artists that love to create content for computer generated games. This category is targeted towards artists creating 3D content for games, using engines to push their creations to the next level. Show how your animation loops make a game scary, how your lighting dynamically change the mood of a scene, how your code can handle AI crowds and even how your models are perfect for high frame-rates. There are many disciplines in this field and the judges will be reviewing all of them equally, with the goal of finding the artist that they would love to have working on their next game.
- 2D Game Art should not be submitted to this category. This category is targeted towards 3D Artists specialising in Game Design and Development. If you have amazing 2D Game Art, Concept Art and Digital Illustrations, please submit it to the Concept Art category.
- You may submit both high resolution assets used in high-end games and ‘cut-scene animations’, and also the more traditional real-time models used for game play. All assets contribute to Game Development and will be judged equally.
- Don’t have pretty pictures? Share a screencast showing your tools in action. Go one better and even share GitHub code snippets that you wrote for your game or plugin.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- Share examples of your work that showcase your related skills to the judging panel.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for employment. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview and share your best work to impress the judges.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Rookie of the Year > Game Development’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.