Rookie Awards 2021 | Rookie of the Year
Entries should showcase content created in two-dimensional format and has been enlivened with movement. This type of animation is regarded to be the traditional form of animation. Projects can be of any topic. Characters, creatures, props and even environment work will be considered.
The focus for this category is traditional 2D animation skills. The judges are looking for the best aspiring 2D animator that can demonstrate amazing technical and creative skills. There is no brief or limitations on the type of work you can submit. Get creative and share your best 2D Animation clips and prove you are ready to be hired by world class studios.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 2D elements. You may include 3D animation, however it must not be the major focus.
- Ask questions on our Discord Channel if you need help.
- Review Winning Entries from last year that were selected by our judges.
- Watch this video demonstration that shows how to create a perfect entry.
Requirements & Deliveries
- Read the Rules to make sure you are eligible to enter.
- No team entries allowed for this category.
- No professional work may be included in your entry.
- Share your process with the judging panel by including supporting material, not only finished artworks.
- Share examples of your work that showcase your related skills to this category.
The judges are looking for artists that are ready for employment. They are looking for artists with a passion for this category and have worked hard to hone their skills.
The judges will be considering your overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, variety of content, and employment potential. Treat your entry like a job interview and share your best work to impress the judges.
How to enter
- Click Submit Entry button to create an entry page.
- Upload your best images, videos and supporting media using our entry page builder.
- Select ‘Rookie of the Year > 2D Animation’ as your nominated category.
- Add details including a cover image, title, description, tags, and software used.
- Accept rules and confirm eligibility.
- Confirm & Submit your entry to judging panel.