Rookie of the Year
Entries should include content specifically created for feature animated films/shorts. The key is that all elements should be full CG - environments, characters, set, props, animation and effects. There should be no live action plates here.Create Entry
More About the Contest
Entries into 3D Animation should include content created specifically for use with feature animated films and short films. The content can be photorealistic, but the content must be specific used in fully computer generated films or shorts. Environments, characters, set, props, animation and effects will primarily have a “toony” or “Pixar” style to them. All elements will be computer generated and no plates will be used.
Modelers, Texture & Shading, Riggers, Lighters, Animators, Effects TDs, Compositors.
- Combine all your best work into one single entry. Multiple entries with individual projects will not be reviewed.
- This category is not just for character animators. The term 3D Animation refers to the visual style of the end product, not the single discipline of animation keyframes.
- Make sure your work is primarily composed of 3D elements, otherwise you should submit work to Concept Art & Illustration category.
- Any design related work should be submitted to Concept Art & Illustration.
- Judges are looking for artists creating work in the style of “Pixar” and “Dreamworks” films.
We are proud and humbled to have the support of these industry leading brands that are passionate about helping the next generation of creators.