1. IMPORTANT DATES
- Open for submission 7th March 2017
- Entries close 29th May 2017.
- Finalists announced 21st June 2017.
- Winners announced 7th July 2017.
- Dates mentioned are at 11:59 pm on the date in question.
- All dates are based on GMT.
To enter The Rookies (THE ROOKIES) you (the Artist) must:
- be 18 years or older.
- Be able to show proof that you have studied, or are currently studying at a certified university, school, or online training facility between January 2016 and May 2017.
To apply for a Studio Internship or School Scholarship you (the Artist):
- Must be a LOCAL NATIONAL eligible to work in the location you select.
- Must NOT require any immigration VISA’s to legally work in the country you select.
- Must NOT require sponsorship from a Studio to legally work in the country you select.
- Must be able to attend a Studio Internship in the second half of 2017, or otherwise determined by the Studio.
Ownership and content
- The Artist retains ownership of all ideas and materials/images upload to the website.
- The Artist can only enter work that is original and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish.
- Absolutely no “Professional” work can be submitted that was completed at a studio or as part of freelance paid work. Only student work will be accepted.
- All entries must be in English.
Deadline and rights
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- THE ROOKIES reserves the right to remove any entry from the competition for any reason and without notice.
- Entries that do not meet the entry criteria will be deleted.
- Judging will take place between 1 June 2017 – 6th July 2017.
- All entries will be judged based upon criteria that are the sole discretion of THE ROOKIES. As a guide, these include: Overall presentation, technical skills, creative skills, industry skills, variety of content, and employability.
- THE ROOKIES selects a qualified judging panel to determine the winner and finalists in all categories.
- The qualifications for serving on the judging panel are, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Being an upstanding member of their respective industry;
- recognised as a leading expert in their field;
- The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. GUARANTEE OF THE ARTIST
The Artist guarantees to THE ROOKIES that:
- The submitted media (images, video) were made by the Artist.
- All work is original and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish.
- All details submitted by the Artist are true and correct, and the Artist indemnifies from and against any and all claims and demands made against THE ROOKIES, its assignees or licensees, in relation to the guarantees provided by the Artist in these rules.
- THE ROOKIES accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received for any reason.
- THE ROOKIES will not be liable for and expressly excludes liability to you for any loss, injury or damage which results directly or indirectly from THE ROOKIES, including the breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
- THE ROOKIES is unable to provide a winner with a nominated prize, THE ROOKIES reserve the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value.
- THE ROOKIES accepts no responsibility for any variation in the retail value of the prize pool.
- Participation in THE ROOKIES constitutes the Artist’s consent to THE ROOKIES and AUTODESK to use uploaded entry images, entry video, entry statements, name, for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
- The Artist will be notified when possible of any inclusion in media and be credited.
7. SPONSOR PRIZES
- Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made.
- The event Sponsors will send prizes directly to winners in a timely manner at the completion of the event.
8. STUDIO INTERNSHIPS
- Studio Internships will be subject to the studio’s terms and conditions.
- Studio Internship details (start date, duration, salary, etc.) to be discussed between the winner and studio. THE ROOKIES takes no responsibility once the studio has made contact with the winner, however we will make sure everything is as planned.
- Studio Internships are at the discretion of the studios and may change at any time without notice.
- If the Studio Internship providers does not find an entrant that meets their requirements and needs for production, they are under no obligation to fill the position.
9. SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIPS
- School Scholarships will be subject to the school’s own terms and conditions.
- School Scholarships are at the discretion of the school and may change at any time without notice.
- If the School Scholarship provider does not find an entrant that meets their requirements for enrolment, they are under no obligation to fill the scholarship.
- THE ROOKIES reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the program should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond or THE ROOKIES’ reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Program.
- Any videos deemed to contain content that depicts explicit acts that are overtly violent, sexual, cruel or brutal will be disqualified. Such entries may, at THE ROOKIES’ sole discretion, be closed at any time during the event.
- Employees of event sponsors and THE ROOKIES are not eligible to enter this event.
11. WINNER NOTIFICATIONS
- Each Winner will be notified by email at the completion of this event.
- Each Winner will be required to provide photocopies of original passport/visa documents to the studio.
- The Finalist is responsible for entering his/her correct email address at the time of submission and prizes may be forfeited if the Finalist cannot be contacted or his/her identity cannot be verified.
- All winners will be notified on 30th July, 2017, or as soon as practical thereafter. You will have three weeks in which to claim your prize. Failure to respond within this time period will result in forfeiture of the prize although THE ROOKIES will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner to ensure this does not happen.
- THE ROOKIES reserves the right to forfeit a prize if not claimed.
- Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, The Artist is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the The Artist and THE ROOKIES in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between The Artist and THE ROOKIES and relating to the Contest.
- In no event will the rookies, and or their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from access to, or use of, this web site, electronic or computer malfunctions, or entrant participation in this contest, even if THE ROOKIES has been advised of the possibility of such damages.